From:
Bruce Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:47:06 -0700
Just made the startling discovery that I have a grand total of 946MB of free space on my hard drive. I am currently compressing the drive to free up some space but that is saying it is going to run for 15 hours. Surprisingly, the only real issue I have had is that YouTube videos lock up my computer which I assume could be tied to that lack of hard drive space. (Will hopefully find out soon.!

In the past, I have used CloneSpy on another computer with some success, although I am reluctant to add anything more to my hard drive until I free more space up. So what space CAN I free up? I don't download a lot of programs on my computer, nor do I have a lot of video or audio files. (Exceedingly few.) Probably my greatest sin is printing to pdf but even that I don't THINK I do to excess.

But what I do, though, is relent to computer paranoia. So if there is a built in an option to save my system/program/whatever files, if asked I probably allow for more space than less when asked how many or how much space to allocate. I am running a Compaq Evo Desktop D510 w XP Professional. I have not loaded any additional program to back anything up on my hard drive, but suspect there might be some built in programs that are saving lots of stuff that I don't need to save. I know that is not a lot of information to go on, but I just have this funny feeling there is something built in that is eating up my hard drive space besides programs and saving to pdf.

Bruce Lund

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml