From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 07:00:27 -0400
Beth,

I have an HP510C attached to my daughter's PC.
There are very few differences between "family" members.

1. You MUST use the driver for the 500 printer.  When I moved the 500 to my
daughter's machine, I downloaded an updated driver version from HP.  Visit
the HP site and download a new copy for you printer.  I don't know if I have
the most current version, but I can send it to you as a last resort.

2.IEEE cables are NOT required for a printer that is this old.

3. Do NOT change the settings.  STANDARD is all you need.

4. The days of "one file only" are long gone.   There are so many
inter-related files and DLLs, that this solution has very little chance for
success.  A more productive solution would be to reinstall Windows.

Good luck,
Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====