From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:18:22 -0400
How to share files between an iPad and a computer
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/appleiphone/ipad/ipaduserguides/457971/how_to_share_files_between_an_ipad_and_a_computer.html
This did not work for me even though the Ipad is detected in Computer
and I can see the files.
There are also third party apps that may help, and email would be a choice.
Good luck.

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:42 PM,  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>  My birthday was on Friday, and I'm now the owner of a shiny new iPad2
> -- which I'm trying to understand.
>
>  I figured a simple and safe way to get started would be to set one of
> my own photos as the wallpaper.  But I seem to have hit a snag, trying
> to get my .jpg file onto the device.
>
>  When I plug the charge/USB cable into my Win7 desktop, the PC thinks
> it's an external drive -- I can browse it in Windows Explorer and see
> the shots I have taken trying out the Camera app.  But I cannot copy my
> own .jpg TO the iPad2; no message appears offering any clue why not.
>  I also purchased the "Camera Connection Kit" accessory, which consists
> of two dongles which plug in (one or the other at a time) to the main
> connector.  One provides an SD slot which is, if I read correctly,
> supposed to handle SDHC cards, but when I insert it and slip in a card ,
> it seems to be ignored.
>  The other dongle provides a USB port that is supposed to support PTP
> (camera Photo Transport Protocol) and USB Mass Storage devices.  I've
> tried putting my photo on two different USB flash drives -- one isn't
> recognized, and the other elicits a message that "The USB device
> requires too much power."
>
>  So I'm batting .000 so far.  Possibilities clearly include:
>
> 1.  There's something wrong with my flash drive AND my SD card.
> 2.  There's something wrong with both dongles from the Camera Connection
> Kit.
> 3.  There's something wrong with my iPad.
> 4.There's something that hasn't occurred to me to try yet.
>
> David Gillett
>

>                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>