Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 00:44:45 +1000
Ronald G Jobe wrote:

> Now when I try to run a macro or template based application in Word I
> get a message that "Word cannot fire event" and Excel errors on its own
> macros.  WHAT DO I DO NEXT?

Run a anti-virus software, I had same message "word cannot fire event" on a
computer, it was a micro virus (forgot the name, Norton can pick it up). if
you see the message, your system is already damaged, I had to do a fresh
installation of windows to get office97 work again (norton anti-v can remove
the virus, but the damaged is already done). reinstall office won't work. The
suspect is the "macro or template based application" you were trying to run,
it may be affected by virus.

Jun Qian

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html