From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:09:39 -0500
I have a very annoying problem. To start, I run win95 with IE5.0.
Was browsing along and I suffered a crash while defraging, so after
giving it a few minutes in case it would be OK, I pressed CTRL-ALT-DEL
twice and it soft rebooted. Everything seemed fine until I tried to
reconnect, the net wouldn't respond, so I checked another connection and
it was also non responsive, at this point I suspected a problem on my
end. So I opened a dos window and tried to ping myself, got "Transmit
error; error number 10043". I have a small network also and it can't
ping local machines either. The funny thing is if another computer pings
this one it works, I just can't send any packet. I tried reinstalling
DUN multiple times, never worked, same problem. I went on the net and
found two help files on the Microsoft site, one says error 10043 is
caused by certain files not being able to load, it suggested a fix,
didn't work. I then found a page that describes how to completely
uninstall TCP/IP and DUN, did the whole thing and I still have the
problem. The thing is everything else works perfectly fine. I have a
feeling that one single file is corrupted because of the crash, but I
replaced every file microsoft lists for DUN and it still didn't work.
Any ideas? I don't want to reinstall the whole thing because of this
problem, I don't have backups so that is not an option. Any ideas? What
files should I replace in case they are corrupted? Thanks for any help,
writing from my linux system (thank God it works!). TTYL