From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 22:52:58 -0500
It sounds like your autoexec.bat and/or config.sys files are not set up
properly.  Can you send us a printout of them.
Basically you must have the config.sys load the device driver [apparently
wp_cdrom in this case] and give the cd a name.  Then the autoexec.bat file
loads the mscdex.exe file with the same name as used in the config.sys file.
If there is an error in the coordination of these two files, you may get an
error similiar to what you have described.

Here is an example of the lines that load a CDrom:

From Config.sys file

REM ======== USDrives IDE BUS CD-ROM Install Modification - Begin ========
DEVICE=C:\CDROMDRV\USDIDE.SYS /D:CD003
REM ======== USDrives IDE BUS CD-ROM Install Modification - End ========

From Autoexec.bat file
REM ======== USDrives IDE BUS CD-ROM Install Modification - Begin ========
C:\CDROMDRV\MSCDEX /V /D:CD003 /M:10
REM ======== USDrives IDE BUS CD-ROM Install Modification - End ========

Note that the device name given here is CD003 for both statements, and the
path to the usdide.sys driver in included in the statement that loads the
device in the config.sys file.

Mike Buraczewski