From:
Timchenko Maxim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:17:54 +0300
Alan,

  There is some thing I find interesting. Most of the high-tech,
expensive and stylish mice [Logitech for example] place your thumb
on the side of the mouse, almost touching the mouse pad. The
trackballs, as far as I understand, are operated by thumb and in
this way a hand assumes an opposite position from utilized by mice
(standard mice are about midway between these extremities), this is
- with thumb up relatively from the hand surface. While I observe
my hand movements, I see that my thumb is usually lower than a
palm surface, so the logical conclusion would be that trackballs
place hand in an innatural position.
  I am in no way doctor or anything, but I'm getting tired of mice
and would like to explore alternatives, so i'd be glad if you can
find errors in my conclusions.
  Do you have anything to say about this?

<> Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
<>