From:
Edna Sloan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 23:25:04 +0000
Hi,

I decided to install a new HD on my ACER Aspire Pentium 100, but when I
attempt to boot from a system diskette I get a message "Insert system disk
and press enter."  I tried 2 system diskettes with the same result.  With
the HD connected, the bootup ignores the floppy, although there is a brief
flash of the floppy led.  The floppy works when it is accessed from
Windows, but the system does not attempt to read the drive on boot up.
Also if there is a nonsystem disk in the drive on bootup, there is no error
message, and the system boots up from the HD.  There is no option in the
bios for boot sequence, and the drive info there is correct.  I checked the
MB jumpers in the manual and there were none relevant to bootup.  any help
appreciated,

Edna Sloan