From:
Mike Bridges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 06:51:15 -0500
A freind has brought me his Pentium Pro 150 running windows95a with 48MB
of ram.The problem is with the CD-Roms.There are 2.One is on IDE1 with
the WD Caviar 1.6 G HD and the other is on IDE2.These drives will read
audio and multimedia CD's but will not run some installation programs.
When I tried to install Microsoft PLUS and another Microsoft greeting
card program the installation starts to run but shortly gives me a
message stating"installation not completed."There are several others I
have also tried to install with no success.
 These drives have no name on them anywhere.I do have the original
driver disk for them.I have removed them form the device manager,let
windows reconize them and installeed them manually from the list
.Nothing seems to work.I have never seen a drive that will run a program
but will not run a installation.
 Any help is appreciated.
Mike Bridges
http://www.mikescustomww.com