From:
Dennis Dittmar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:29:17 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Try doing a manual install instead of using the disk manager tool.
 boot from a win98SE boot disk,fdisk and format your drive and then run set
 up directly from cd.i had a similar problem with an ibm drive and it worked
 fine when i set it up myself.maybe a problem with the disk you got with your
 hard drive. >>

--- thanks Garry, after cooling off at Gates & co. I kinda came to the same
decision but I cant boot to a floppy cause when I turn the box on it goes
thru the post and then says ' boot from CD: bootable Cd does not exist! os
not installed insert os setup disk and press enter. I cant figure out how to
stop the system and get a prompt before this! I tried using the IBM program
because one of the choices is 'exit' but it actually exists to Dr-Dos (ah the
memories) on a fake virtual drive that doesnt see the floppy!!! ah the
memories of punchcards.....
thanks
Dennis Dittmar
Maspeth NY