From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 17:18:58 -0600
If your motherboard has the soft power management, you will need to go into
the bios and (depending on the bios that you have - mine is an ami bios)
turn the on/off switch on under power management in the bios.  This is one
of the PC 98 power saving features of the new motherboards.

Hope this helps
Mary Wolden