From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:48:45 -0500
When I let the OS set up a hard drive in XP-Pro as part of
the original installation, it seems to always add an 8M partition
(or unallocated space?).  (I forget specifically where...)
I have not tried this is a long time since I use Acronis Partition
Expert2003 for all my drive setup needs...)

Does anybody know what that space is used for?
Specifically, Acronis does NOT do that...
This shows up later, (may be unrelated), when I use the recovery
console and run FIXMBR...  It complains...
(The drive as been running perfectly up to this point...)

I have researched the error message and it seems to be related
to the fact that a third party software set up the drive...

So I'm back to:  What is the 8M for, and where should I put it
manually with Acronis... (It might help, or maybe not...)

Thanks in advance...               Rick Glazier

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml