From:
Michael Wurster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:37:10 -0600
Chuck,
It sounds like the fusing element has holes burned through it. Instead of
fusing the toner to the paper, it flakes of, hence, no text. The fusing
element is a round bar, dark brown in cover. It's actually the heating
element with a plastic cover over it that rolls. Look at HP's web site to
get a better idea of where it's at in the printer. In my opinion, it's
better to buy one of the newer lasers for about 50-75 dollars than the
repair parts for the HP.
Michael

>i have a 4 year old HP1100 laser jet that is printing 'choppy.' parts of all
>the text is missing and it just looks very bad. i've tried a different
>cartridge. has anyone had this problem with this printer?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml