From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:24:51 -0400
> I just installed ICS following the instructions on the Nospin web site
(very
> well written instructions, by the way). Everything went perfectly and the
> internet connection is up and running on both computers.
>
> However, I do have one small problem. I am no longer able to copy files
from
> one computer to the other. I disabled file and print sharing on the
"shared"
> device (the cable modem) and left it enabled on the "home" device (the
other
> computer), just like the instructions said. Everything appears to be the
way
> it was before I installed ICS - all drives are shared, etc. What am I
> missing? I am running Win98se on both computers.

     I am not familiar with the NOSPIN instructions, however, when it comes
to File and Printer sharing I usually recommend that you unbind it from the
TCP/IP protocol bound to each network adapter. Then install NETBEUI on each
machine and bind File and Printer Sharing to it. This way there is no way
that you will be sharing files over the internet (since the internet only
understands TCP/IP) but your internal network will still be able to share
files. From what you describe it sounds like you totally disabled F&P
Sharing on the machine the cable modem is connected too, you need it enabled
on both machines for it to work! :) Hope this helped, TTYL

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org