From:
Jeffrey Ottie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:50:30 -0400
Jared,

You don't mention whether or not the image files in question open in another
viewer or not, but I'll assume that since they no longer open in Internet
Explorer (IE) they have become associated without another application.

Now here's the probable fix:  select an image file of the type you wish
would always open in IE and right-click once on it to highlight the file,
then while holding down the shift button on your keyboard, right-click again
on it and you should see the *Open with...* option appear on a drop down
menu.

Next, select (left-click) *Open with...* and scroll down the list in the box
that appears to *iexplore* and select it with your left mouse button.
Finally check the box below that states *Always use this program to open
this type of file*, click OK and you should be back in business.

By this process you have just created a new default association between IE
and this file type, meaning that all future attempts to view this image file
type will open in IE.  You can repeat this process to associate more than
one file type with IE (.jpg, .gif, et al)

Let's us know how you make out.

Jeffrey Ottie