From:
alan smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:23:20 -0700
Here we go again! I am in a senior's building.  Through a partnership we got a grant to
buy TEN complete computer stations. We take 10 tenants for 2 hours a week & teach them how to use a computer. Since the building is 40% asian I've had to set the units to run in Chinese! The units go through a switcher to a router to a modem. That assembly is usually powered down when not in use.Sometimes not!! A staff member uses a unit to check his e-mails. Today I installed SPYBOT S&D and free AVAST in 9 units. I checked the SPYBOT
scans as I worked AND every unit has the VIRTUMONDE virus!!!!In this case I think that we will have to live with it,  unless someone comes up with a program that nullifies  the virus
without a complete wipe!! I wonder how many other people are in the same predicament??
Thank you for hearing my tale of woe!!    Al Smith

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com