From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:51:19 -0400
If it's just for scanning and sending doc and photos for email, and not for
professional work, I would go with any of the Microtek flatbed, parallel
port scanners.  I've had 4 of them (still have 3). Microtek is one of the
oldest and largest manufacturers of home use scanners.  All mine are less
than US$ 100.00 and give really good results. Of course at work we have
some of the higher priced, high speed HP scanners ($2000.00+).

The only problems that I have had have been caused by some software
packaged with the scanner that put a continuously running program in the
systray that is supposed to startup when you activate the scanner.  It
often interferes with programs like Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro that I
use.  I usually deactivate these programs if they are installed when
installing the drivers.

HTH

Doug

At 4/17/00 01:50 PM -0500, Bobby Sutton wrote:

>I want to buy a scanner for my 95 Gateway which of course does not have nor
>support USB,
>
>Win 95A
>1.6 H.D(  W.D.)
>80 Megs Ram
>200 MHz
>
>What can any of yall suggest for mid price range scanner that would be good
>at sending photos & documents that will work
>
>with this old hoss ?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html