From:
pfankucj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:26:47 +0000
Listmembers,

Has anyone heard of an ISP's upgrading to V.90 causing customers
running Windows for Workgroups to lose their ability to connect?

My sister has a P75 with a USR 28.8 modem and is running Windows for
Workgroups.  Recently her ISP connection started failing.  She called
tech support and was told that they had recently upgraded their
equipment to allow for V.90 connections.  According to tech support,
this upgraded system  won't connect properly to a user running
Windows 3.X and they suggest she upgrade to Windows 95.

This is news to me, but before I completely discount this possibility
I thought I would ask the experts.  Has anyone else heard this claim?

Thanks for your help.

John Pfankuch

                                  -----