From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:27:52 -0500
Have you recently installed this floppy or had some other reason for the
cable connection to be made?  Usually, the floppy light always being on is
an indication that the cable was installed wrong so that pin one on the
drive isn't lined up with pin one on the motherboard.  Floppies don't always
follow the same convention with regard to whether their pin one is nearest
to the power supply connection or not.

To be sure, you might reexamine your motherboard connection and the
connection on the floppy to see if there are any indication as to which are
pin one on each.