From:
Karl Gottshalk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 1998 06:00:32 -0400
I had the same problem recently with a local HP2P printer. After much net
surfing, the answer that worked was to delete all the files in
"\windows\spool" directory (hidden directory) and in the "\windows\temp"
directory. All has been fine since.

Karl

>I have a computer at work running Windows 95 on a Windows NT 4.0 network.
The printer is a HP 4000TN, a very good printer that has worked flawlessly.
>We have recently started receiving GPF's when attempting to print from
within Microsoft Word.
>The GPF always references the file "spool32.exe" and an appropriate memory
address.
>We can print once pretty easily, the second attempt to print the same
document causes the failure and we lose access to the printer, and the
computer too!  The system has not had any software or hardware changes since
well before the problem occurred.