From:
Joan Rapier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 22:50:39 -0700
Should I be able to see a parallel port tape drive in the Windows
Explorer tree (NT)?  I'm working w/ an NT system using an Iomega Ditto
Max parallel port tape drive.  I had to install a separate parallel port
card - the parallel port on the Tyan ST682D dual slot-1 motherboard
board would not allow the drive to be detected at all - not even via
Iomega Backup.

I can back up to the drive using Iomega Backup for NT but I can't get NT
to actually detect the drive (via control panel).  Is the tape drive
detection in NT's control intended only for IDE tape backups?  When I
try to have NT detect the drive through Control Panel, it wants to find
an inf file.  Each of the two inf files on the installation CD are
rejected by NT as not being the appropriate files.  I tried the latest
installation file from Iomega w/ the same results.  There are no
separate drivers available for this drive.  It appears the installation
must be performed via this Iomega Backup program.

I did perform a full backup of a 2.26GB (Seagate SCSI Baracuda) drive @
high compression and it took well over 10hrs.  Is this normal?

I've read through the faqs and specs @ Iomega's site but was unable to
get the information I need.  I'd be greatful for any ideas/help ya'll
could offer.

TIA
Joan Rapier

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]