From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 15:37:16 -0400
The Intel website has some information on what processors this board can
natively support, see
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sr440bx/sr_proc.htm .

You may be able to use newer and faster PIII socket 370 processors as well,
with the proper slotket.  I have run coppermine PIII 700s and PIII 750s on
BX motherboards using slotkets, for example.  Just make sure that the
slotket specifies support for the new coppermine PIIIs.

Another option is to use a Powerleap adaptor,
http://www.powerleap.com/PL-iP3T.html .  I think that you can use this
adaptor with both PIII 100 MHz bus coppermines, which go up to 1 GHz, and
Taulatin Celerons, which go up to 1.4 GHz.  You can buy these as a kit
(adaptor and processor), or you can buy the adaptor separately from places
like Lynn Computer ($55), http://www.lynncomp.com/ , and hunt up your own
processor (Newegg is selling a 1.3GHz Tualatin Celeron for $38).  Usually,
when I've ordered just the adaptor, they've come with a fan and heatsink,
but I can promise that is still the case.

John Sproule