Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:59:01 -0500
If it doesn't come up and say that it can't find the mouse, then there's a
conflict.
check your bios under serial ports and make sure they are both set to AUTO
or are
at least different.  If you have an internal modem in (example) com2, then
com2 must be
disabled in the bios.  You didn't mention if it was a serial or bus mouse. I
am assuming
it's a serial mouse.

Dave Jones
www.cyberramp.net/~dave-tsp