From:
Mark Tretter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:08:40 -0500
Since it is a Dell, it may have a hidden partition that accounts for the
missing space.  If you use a partition program like "Partition Magic" it
should show all partitions.  Then you should be able to carry out your plan
as described below.  I have done this and have also transferred the hidden
partition as well and it has worked.  I have also tried it without
transferring the hidden partition and it worked ok too.  YMMV