From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:42:40 -0500
Hi,
Does the ink light blink constantly when you receive these
messages?  One thing that you can try is to disable bidirectional
communication/Print Cartridge Query &/or Launch Status Monitor
When Printing in the settings.

To get into the settings, do a search on your hard drive for a
file called HPFCFG09.EXE.  Double click on the file and it will
open a box --click continue and from there you can disable the
Printer Cartridge Query by unchecking the box.  You will then
have to reboot after clicking ok.

See if that helps the situation any.  I've see this issue a few
times with the 870/890 series.

Dan