From:
BILL RAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 03:05:45 -0500
I don't know if this is a help, but here goes.  A FAT16 cannot accommodate a
hard drive larger than 1gig.  If you had a reason for keeping one drive
locked in with a FAT16 (in order to run certain applications which were
otherwise incompatible) that might be a reason to split your drive
partitions as you have.  Otherwise, there should be no reason to split your
HD.  In other words, if you converted to FAT32 for both drives you could
either have ONE large drive or partition it as you need to.  Or you could
leave things as they are.  But be aware that a FAT16 drive saves files in
32K clusters, which wastes a LOT of storage.  Also, if you attempt to change
from a FAT16 to FAT32, you had better back up all of your stuff lest you
lose it.  In fact, ANY TIME you re-partition a drive you should back up your
files.  Better safe than sorry.  I hope I have been clear and not added to
your problems.  Good luck.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html