From:
"Richard T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 00:25:26 -0400
Doctor:
            I know you don't want to hear this, but I had the same exact problem
with a clean 98 install on my circa late 1996 TI 133 laptop. After many hours of
futile efforts, I contacted the Microsoft rep who was doing Demos at the local
CompUsa. He wanted me to fdisk, etc, and said all would be fine. Another night
of frustration followed, I tried every trick in the book even re-installing 95
and then going over it with the upgrade..Finally, I just re-installed 95 and was
happy to get it over with.
           The next day at one  of the weekend computer shows I was questioning
a few of the builders and found this to be not an uncommon situation. Some
bios's just won't take it in. Further evidence was that I built up a machine
with an ASUS board and a cyrix 233, the machine gladly gobbled up the program
with no problems at all. It runs well.
I. too will be watching this thread for answers, as I cannot accept the one
given to me.
Richard Tabas
Philly,Pa.

Richard Ekpat, M.D. wrote:

> While doing a clean install of Windows 98 on a newly-built computer, I kept
> getting the following errors somewhere when Windows is trying to setup the
> hardware:

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**