From:
M A Ullah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:36:38 +0100
Hi Everyone,

I recently clean installed Win ME in my system. During installation the
Windows detected my Creative PCI64 soundcard without any problem and
installed a driver for it from it's own cd (Didn't even ask for a driver!!).
But I am not convinced that it is working properly. In win98, the hardware
came up as Creative PCI64 but now it shows Creative AudioPCI
(ES1371,ES1373)(WDM) in Device Manager. I tried to install the Creative
drivers from CD and also the updated version available from the net (Latest
drivers are from 1999). But Win ME says the current drivers are more recent
than the one I'm trying to install and will not let me go ahade. Now if I
listen to a Music CD in Real Jukebox and also have other applications
running and working on them, the sound often crackles annoyingly.

Can anyone please help me out with any sugestions? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Muhammad Arif Ullah

My Specs:
AMD K6-2 350MHz on TMC TI5VGA+ board
98MB RAM
Matrox G400 AGP
Avermedia TVCapture98

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions