From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 12:05:26 -0800
On 25 May 98 at 1:42, Jim Smithheisler wrote:

> ... my needs which are:
> Run Outlook 98, Access 97, Excel 97, VB5, Blue Sky RoboHelp, FMS SourceBook,
> and a commercial package built around Paradox tables while maintaining an
> internet connection on one modem and a fax communication connect on a second
> modem.
>
> Additional software packages used include various graphics manipulators and
> Broadway video capture and editing system version 2.5 (which includes its
> own card).
>
> Additional hardware requirements include output to two monitors, output to
> two printers, local network card, a flatbed scanner, a pen scanner, Syquest
> drive, Imation LS-120 drive, Iomega Zip drive, a high speed cd-rom drive,
> and/or a cd-writer.

  My inclination is to split this stuff across two machines, putting
the modem connections and SCSI devices on an NT Server box (consider
dual CPUs if applications will run on this box) and leaving odd
devices (like LS-120, dual monitors, etc) on the P200 -- which you
might, however, bunp up to 64MB of RAM.

David G