From:
Gary W South <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 16:56:34 EST
I just purchased an HP 882C printer and a USB cable so I could keep my old
printer connected to the parallel port. My computer sets up the USB and runs
the HP software installation but near the end of it an error box pops up. It
says

Error 10 unable to add printer HP Deskjet 880C Series Printer

If I click ignore another error box pops up. It says

Error 07 Registry Update Failed for key 'Printer Model Name'

If I click ignore it wants to restart my computer. Upon restarting it says
"congratulations you have successfully installed your HP 882C printer". Even
though it says this, the printer is not available to select in any of my
programs.

My computer is a Packard Bell 300 MHz Pentium II with 32 MB SyncDRAM running
Windows 98.

I have tried both USB ports with the exact same results. I previously had a
USB scanner hooked to one of the ports and that worked fine so I am sure the
ports are OK. I have also uninstalled the HP software and reinstalled it
several times with the same results each time. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gary South

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]