From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 07:49:25 -0700
>Hi,
>
>Canned air can be expensive, unless you find it on sale and it is not so
>powerful.
>
>I'd go one step further, if you don't have an air compressor of some
>sort at home or in the car to use, take the computer for a ride to your
>local friendly gas station and use their air compressor for $1.00 or so.
>Open it up there.  It will be much cheaper than canned air, gets cleaned
>better, and the mess gets blown outside and not inside the house.

While I agree with what you are trying to do, I'd personally recommend that
you NOT go to the local gas station.  Most gas stations do not install
"dryers" on their air compressors.  When you compress air, you also get
water.  If you use the local gas station, you have a good chance of
introducing a fine mist of water into your machine, which is not good.  You
could, of course, ask if they have a dryer system installed on their
compressor :)

Tony Mayer
Sysop
The Magic FunHouse BBS