From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:58:58 -0700
HI,
I know there are a few of you that may be able to help me get over my
struggles. I have my system, ABIT BX6, 233PII, 2940UW, 4.5 IBM UW, and WD
2GB EIDE. I have been trying to get DOS6.22, Win95 SR2 and LINUX to exist
using System Commander. I boot to the IBM in bios and SCSI Select, id.0.
Here is the partition layout presently as it shows up with Partition Magic:
4.5:
G: 54MB         FAT
   1906 LINUX
C: 706  FAT     Main
D: 164  FAT     SWAP
E: 1011 FAT     APPS
F: 509  FAT     FILES
2GB WD:
Linux   100MB           EXT2
Linux   1913            Extended
Linux   1848            EXT2
Linux   64.9            SWAP

As is I can boot fine to SC, choose dos or win and all is well. If I choose
Linux, it loads and I can run it fine, but after I shut down, I am no longer
able to boot with the message SYSCMNDR.SYS not found. What happens is the WD
becomes active so I have to boot from a flopppy with the WD unplugged, and
reset the C: partition on SCSI as active. I really didn't mean to get the
Linux partition on the SCSI so huge, just wanted enough to allow boot files.
So the questions are: Can I safely delete the Linux partitions on all drives
and resize? What size do I need on SCSI to allow LILO? And I suppose most
importantly, HOW??? I Tried several times to load dos, then win then Linux
to no avail. Last time was DOS, Linux, and WIN95.
Thanks to any and all who may be able to help.
Brad Loomis
Morro Bay, CA

                                  -----