From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:32:41 -0400
This is indeed the case!  Without knowing the cause, I have had this problem
with changes in short filenames.  However, the pain is relatively minor,
since it generally effects files I named myself, and therefore know what the
correct long filename would be when the error surfaces.  That said, I have
used xcopy /r/i/c/h/k/e/y on dozens and dozens of desktops, without seeing
the problem.  Regardless, I think the prudent course would be to download
Maxtor's utility.
Tom Turak