From:
Patrick Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 11:33:47 -0700
well this gizmos don't really work all that well, you need another on the
other end. It splits the 4 pairs in the network cable into 2 lines of two
pairs and use one pairs for each connection.  less throughput,  no full
duplex, and in my experience prone to causing strange connectivity problems.

Better solution would be tot get a small 4 port hub/switch and use that to
connect the two machines to the one network jack.  keep full speed through
put, less worries about strange connectivity issues, and ability to add
other devices in the furture.

At 11:03 AM 5/7/2004, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I need another network socket and I don't want to lay another cable. Does a
>'RJ45 Double Adaptors' allow me to use 2 PC's etc through the same wall
>socket letting them both use the network as though they are on different
>sockets?
>
>There's a link to an image of the device I'm thinking about purchasing below
>
>http://www.maplin.co.uk/media/largeimages/22423i0.jpg
>
>TIA ... Mick
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                      support at our newest website:
>                           http://freepctech.com

Patrick Meyer
Leader of the Pack -100  that is......