From:
brian skingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 16:30:40 +0100
For Susan Hayes

First take a look at the power consumption of any PDA that you are thinking
about.
Most reviews do not cover this aspect.
I have transitioned over the years from a Palm Pilot to a Palm V and now a
couple of IPAQs.

Battery life
Palm Pilot      2 weeks         AAA batteries obtainable very easily.
Palm V          rechargeable    often lasted a week between charges but
could be as low as a day if heavily used.
IPAQs           20 minutes on a good day!!
Very disappointing especially as all software disappears as battery dies.
With some adaptor sleeves on the PDA continues to draw current from the
battery when it is switched off.  GPS sleeves are big culprits.

Have not tackled the more recent Palm or HP/Dell style PDAs but battery life
needs serious consideration.

Brian
================================

Brian Skingley