From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 13:26:50 -0400
>At 09:29 AM 8/31/98 , you wrote:
>
>>I've tried a six foot cable like an extension cord but when I connected
>>up the printer and use it a big red X covers the picture of the
>>printer when printing. It's an Epson Stylus Color 600.
>>
>>Any Ideas?
>>
>>Michael
>
>Not all printer cables are created equal. Most printers now need
>bi-directional support and many printer cables do not have all
>pins connected to allow bi-directional printing. The cable should
>say IEEE Std 1284 compliant or say Bi-Directional on the package.
>I hope this helps.
>
>Bob Thrasher

This may cost less than a new printer cable but Radio Shurk has a gender
changer that's
about 2½ inches long and about as think as the connector itself (very flat).
That with another
gender changer of the new type that is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long or
two of the new types
may be long enough to clear the case.

Just an idea....

Winston

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**