Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:53:15 -0400
for those who feel insecure about donating computers with the Hard Drive--You may want to read this article by Larry magid at this link--http://www.pcanswer.com/articles/sjm_drivedump.htm
mike michel

 --- On Mon 09/29, Kenny Parks -- <[log in to unmask] > wrote:
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Wiping hard drive clean

Hey Group, I have the same question. How? I know there are companies that do this for a price. What I would like to know is that if we are giving the computer to a friend, church, etc. Do you really think that someone is going to go to the enormous expense to find out what you have in the bank? As a builder I wish there was a simple way to recover someones files from a crashed hard drive. I think the worse fear that my customers have is losing all their work or photos, things that cannot be replaced when their hard drive crashs.
 -- Kenny
Subject-- Wiping hard drive clean

There's a lot of dialog out there about wiping your hard drive clean before giving/selling the computer to someone else. Many responses say, "running FDISK and simply reformatting will NOT erase the data, and it can still be recovered."  Okay, how?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com