From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:12:01 -0800
I missed the original thread, but have some input and also a question.

I have some recent experience with purchasing video cards with DVI-D
interface. My problem was that I needed one that had 1600x1200 output. Most
of the cards support only 1280x1024, which is fine for most monitors, but
mine is a 20 inch LCD.

The card I decided on is a Gainward GeForce 3 PowerPack that includes video
capture - bought it for $315 from MIX PC. A much cheaper card that seems to
work well is the ATI Radeon VE that I have seen for sale for as low as $60.
Matrox and Hercules are some other cards that also support DVI-D but not
necessarily 1600x1200.

Now I have a question for those that may know more about DVI-D than I do. Is
there a refresh rate for the DVI-D interface like there is for analog, or is
it fixed?

Peter Shkabara
[log in to unmask] - http://gocolumbia.org/pesh