Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:10:57 -0500
 From: William Patton
 Date: November 21, 2004
 Subject: WinXP Home-Activation

 Hello, I recently purchased Win XP Home, but have not installed it as yet.
 I have not dealt with MS activation on any products as yet.  I checked the
 MS site and found some information, however I still had a couple of
 questions which  I wondered if someone could address for me.  If I install
 it and do not activate it right away, I understand I have 30 days.   If I
am
 not happy with it on my 5 year old computer (Asus, Amd 1.4, 256MB) and have
 not activated it and then uninstall it  can I still use it again in the
 future on a new machine that I may build at a later date.without calling
for
 an activation authorization.  (2) If I do activate it by use of the
 telephone method and obtain the 40 digit number they talk about, is this
 number only good for one use on this one machine.  I wondered if I reformat
 the harddrive on the machine they say you will need to re-authorize the
 activation, but I thought if I use the telephone method I would have the
 necessary number.  Would that be true?

 One other question.  In order to get the feel for XP, I wanted to install
it
 to another logical drive while keeping my original OS which is WinME.
 Please discuss the pros and cons of having WinME and WinXP on the same
 machine. (Asus mb, AMD 1.4, 256MB)

 Thank you very much,
 Regards,
 William Patton