From:
Colin Swabey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:14:39 +1200
This is normal behaviour for a laser printer being asked to print a os job.
Laser are page printers, unlike inkjets or ot matrix that are line printers.
Lasers required that an eject/formfeed/whatever code be sent however dos
programs do not provide this, so you have to do it for it. Note that this is
NOT a limitation/fault of dos or dos programs, just a hardware device
requiring something the the software was never written to give. Also under
both win95 and 98 you should tell the printer NOT to spool dos jobs,
otherwise it will usually screw up.