From:
Ken Hollingsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 06:41:25 -0700
I have two computers, and was working on this one.  I haven't fired up the
other one in about 3-4 weeks.  All of a sudden, about 8:30 in CA, the idle
machine starts up, then quickly shuts down.  When I turn it on now, it does
that same thing.  Powerup, Beeps once, then shuts off.  It's a custom AMD8xx
(I forget just which one), with Win98se.  It's only about 4 months old and
was working great.  Any ideas?  BTW, I didn't see anything funny with the
lighting or this computer to make me think it might have been some kind of
power surge.

Ken Hollingsworth

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml