From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:11:13 -0500
Hello, I'm a novice when it comes to setting up a video capture card, and
I'm having trouble getting the video-in to work on this MSI card.  It's a
Geforce3 card with a VI/VO daughter card attached.  The daughter card adds
three connectors: a S-Video Out, a Composite Out, and a S-Video In.  I was
trying to attach a VCR as my video source.  The VCR only has a video output
by way of a composite or RCA type socket.  I was trying to use a dongle with
an S-Video connetor on one end and a Composite connector on the other to
convert this composite signal from the VCR into something that I could plug
into the video card's S-Video In connector.

This isn't working at all, so I wanted to see if I was way off base using
this simply dongle.  It came with a Voodoo3 card for use with it's S-Video
Out.  It works fine for going down from S-Video to Composite, but I got
thinking that maybe going the other direction (composite signal to S-Video)
isn't so simple.  Can some one shed some light on this for me, please?
Unfortunately, I don't have a video source that includes a S-Video Out
connector to help me trouble shoot this set up.

If anyone thinks that what I'm doing should work, I'll provide more
information about the software and drivers I'm using to help see where to go
from there.

Thanks in advance,

John

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,