From:
Lonnie Lentsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:31:39 -0600
Manas,

    A question for your friend.  Can he boot the system up with a
bootable floppy disk.

    If so then it can be one of two things.  First, your friend could of
deleted the system files.  If this is the case you need to SYS the hard
drive with the appropriate operating system.  Second, I have seen boot
sector viruses do this.  If you can boot the system with a bootable
floppy, you can use a anti-virus software program to clean the boot
sector of the hard drive.  A second option is if the boot sector is
corrupted, you need to re-create it by using the appropriate OS and
using FDisk type the following at the DOS prompt "fdisk /mbr"

Lonnie Lentsch

                                  -----