From:
amanda jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:23:53 -0700
Hi! believe it or not, after trying everything, including replacing possible missing files, the problem was solved by getting into the setup F 10 when i first turn on the computer....dont ask me why or how i have access to that menu...but anyway I went there and that solved it! ( I recently had my computer wiped and reinstalled, maybe that is why I had the problem to begin with....)
Thanks so much for responding!

Amanda

john freibergs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Amanda,

If you click on start in the lower left, then
settings, control panel, and power managment, you'll
see three settings for system standby, turn off
monitor, and turn off hard disks. Then you have
choices ranging from never all the way to 'after 5
hours'. If you want the computer to run all the time
and the monitor to stay on all the time set all of
them to 'never' and then click apply and exit.
Hopefully, that helps.

John Freibergs

--- amanda jones wrote:

> I recently had my computer wiped and reinstalled,
> win 98, and now it goes into what I believe is
> "standby mode." I have tried power systems, and
> display options and have had no luck. Help menu
> explains how to disable standby but these directions
> are not working. The option help gives is not even
> on my power systems window. Any suggestions?
>

> Amanda Jones
>

> ---------------------------------
> Discover Yahoo!
> Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM &
> more. Check it out!
>
> The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free
> PC Tech
> support at our newest website: