Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:01:36 EST
In a message dated 03/20/2004 3:33:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> As the main purpose of the UPS is to prevent loss of data when I am
> creating it manually, should I connect the monitor to the UPS? Any
> thoughts would be appreciated. I do not need to work through a blackout.
>
> Orf Bartrop

You need to look at the specs on any backup UPS to see what the unit will
supply in watts. One of the biggest draws on it will be the monitor and depending
on the size, it will effect the amount of time you have to safely close
programs and shut the computer off. APC has a website that will recommend a size
backup for your needs, plus it will accept trade-ins toward the purchase of a
new unit.
Go to http://sizing.apc.com

Personally I have had positive experiences with APC surge protector/battery
back-ups.

Chris Ryan