From:
Larry Scroggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 17:06:23 -0700
I just wanted to thank everyone that replied to my message on the HD
installation. The installation went very smoothly using the software floppy
disk included with the new drive. I set the new HD as the master on the
primary channel and the old drive as the slave. I booted with the Western
Digital floppy and it's software formatted the new disk and copied over the
files from the old disk. I then rebooted the machine and had the new as C:
and the old as D: with the same files on both. Very easy, even for a bumbler
like me.

I asked y'all for some input before proceeding because the only new hard
drive I had ever installed before was several years ago in the Windows 3.1
days. It was a royal pain and I had lots of problems. IIRC it was a 353MB HD
that I bought for $350 (US) and bragged about the great deal I found on the
Internet. (grin)

Take care.

Larry