From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 14:59:39 -0800
On  8 May 98 at 19:32, Monica Veith wrote:

>   I have a P166 MMX and 32 MB ram. I'd like to know to what i
> should upgrade so that the computer works faster.    I have
> partitioned my 2.1 GB Samsung HD  <snip>
>
>   What do you'll recommend? HD or ram???

  This looks to me like a pretty well-balanced system.

>   I have partitioned my 2.1 GB Samsung HD in to 1 each. I have
> around 130 MB free on C drive and 300 MB free on D drive.

  You are, however, running short of disk space.  I would add a new
HD, and rearrange things so the swap file is fixed size and lives on
its own partition.

  Second choice is to add RAM -- if you run a heavy application load,
this may reduce swapping and thrashing.

David G