From:
John O Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:47:53 -0400
Just about any of the APC "SmartUPS" brand of battery backup systems will
serve this purpose, and I highly recommend this company's products.  Just
be sure to get something from the "SmartUPS" line, not the lower-end
"BackUPS" brand and be sure that the unit comes bundled with the
appropriate interface cable (goes from a 9-pin connector on the back of
the UPS to a 9-pin serial port on the PC) and any version of their
PowerChute software (well, any version that's appropriate for the OS
being used, whether it's their full version or the limited "Ve" versions
won't matter).

-JOWj.

"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html