Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 20:47:31 -0500
I had a similar problem and set up.  We solved the problem by setting the connection speed to 802.11b on my laptop.  I don't have Admin priveliges, so had to have the IT person do it for me.

Very slight (but virtually unnoticable) slow down.  My router is capable of "n" speeds and my wife's laptop, my tablet and phone (non-VPN) have no problem with the router.

Can't explain why, but it works.