From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 16:44:58 -0700
Good point, and one I should have addressed. While XP (or other version of
NT) will recognize partitions made by software such as FDISK and Partition
Magic, it is not the same as a partition made by the specific version of NT
disk manager. XP disk manager makes partition that are slightly different
from those made under NT 4, for example. So... it is best to create
partitions using the OS that you are intending to install. If, on the other
hand, you are trying to recover some data, then it does not matter what you
use as long as the end result is recovered data!

Peter